We were still getting ready for Kayla to come spend a few days with us. Honestly, there wasn’t that much more to do. It was just the last minute things, wipe down the bathrooms and deal with the floors. I also had some laundry to deal with but no big deal. It was easy to deal with in between Boo’s homeschool stuff and I would be done before lunch.
I should have known better than to plan ahead…
- When Boo took her shower she got water everywhere so I couldn’t sweep before mopping. In a house with three dogs and five cats you have to sweep first or wet hair is everywhere.
- Boo was so excited about Kayla coming over that she kept stopping me to ask questions instead of just doing her schoolwork.
- I went out to the garage to grab something and when the door closed it knocked a picture off of the wall. The glass shattered and I had to stop what I was doing to clean up glass.
- Sully came in to help me with the floors and the mop head snapped off of the handle.
- Sully’s mom, Martha, had called earlier and asked me to run an errand for her. I had to leave 3o minutes before my original plan, which was fine until everything else happened.
It all worked out though. Sully helped me spot clean the floors and I actually got to sit for about thirty minutes before we ran our errands and met Val.
Boo and Kayla are having fun now. It’s all good…