Alright, this is it. I need to get back to my plan, I am supposed to be taking better care of myself, darn it! Most of March has been spent with me worrying and taking care of everyone else. I am glad to help, don’t get me wrong but I am the last person on the list and some days I am just too tired by the time I get to me.
This week though, I am gearing up. I am getting myself ready. April 1st is on Sunday and April Fool’s Day or not I am going to get myself back on track.
Here is my list to work on this week…
- Drink more water – I need to get back to my 64 oz.
- Stretching – My legs are always sore by the end of the day, H2O might be involved too.
- Exercise – I still have a bit of a cough if I move wrong so this might have to wait.
- Sleep – It might be a good idea to get more than 6 hours of sleep every night.
- Crafts – I need to keep doing stuff that is not stressful. Projects help me get stuff done while having a calm few hours.
- Writing – I absolutely have to get started on my editing. I have put it off far too long.
So, Plan A was to start all of this in January and stick to it forever after. Clearly, it’s time to invoke Plan B, which is to jump back in and plan to stick to it. Woohoo!!!
It’s the start of a new month and even though February wasn’t the best, I am planning on moving forward. Positive thoughts, only good times ahead…
(I am going to keep repeating that until I believe it…)
So, this month’s goals are pretty much a repeat of last month’s goals.
– Focus on my fitness more, drink more water, drink less soda , eat healthier meals.
– Edit my WIP.
– Start my Spring Cleaning.
– Do something creative.
– Make time for me a priority.
– Stay positive. (this one might be harder than the rest).
I’ve been reading another blog… No, it’s not what you think. Jenny Crusie and her friend, Krissie aka Anne Stuart are blogging their personal journey for change during the next year, ReInventing Fabulous. Jenny posted about how appearances matter, she bothered to take care of her new cottage, repainting, landscaping and overall prettying up the joint. The cottage took on a new life after it’s little makeover. Jenny wondered why she didn’t apply the same idea to her. She ran through a few reasons here and there finally coming back to, ‘yeah, why not?’
I have to say that I am rowing that same boat. I’m a stay at home mom and although I always get dressed everyday I wear stay at home types of clothes. So, in the spirit of being fabulous I am making an effort towards my daily appearance.
This morning I put on a nicer shirt, I put a barrette in my hair, instead of just brushing it, I even put in some earrings. I should probably make it clear that I have no intentions of looking posh or shi shi. Comfortable is still my foremost concern, but there’s no reason I can’t look nice while I am comfortable.
I can rock the yoga pants with a colorful top, slink in sweat pants with a funky tank top or glide around in a nice sundress.
I’ve been looking at these cute bellydancing outfits from Miss Bellydance. Sully wouldn’t mind seeing me around the house in that outfit.